The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putty Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MuhammetDilmac, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MuhammetDilmac

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I write login : root and click the enter but to the error.

Scree Shoot
    j08xk.png

j1vpb.png

But Wmvare I can enter...

- - - Updated - - -

#1 MuhammetDilmac, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The images you provided indicate that SSH is not running on port 22. Did your data center or hosting provider let you know of a specific SSH port to use when they setup your server? If not, you can try resetting your SSH configuration from Web Host Manager with the following URL:

Code:
    https://IP:2087/scripts2/doautofixer?autofix=safesshrestart
    You would replace "IP" with the server's IP address. Note that this is simply a temporary instance of SSH. You will have to login and modify the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file when you have temporary SSH access to ensure it's running properly from that point on.

Thank you.

3. pmc

pmc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Putty Error Fixed SSH Cpanel Script to Reset SSH Configuration via WHM

This Fix helped me LOG IN to my Server when SSH or SSHD.conf became corrupt.
    I could not use putty to log into server. I could not How to Enable SSH via cPanel Tutorialdid not help

I can enable the SSH access from your cPanel SSH/Shell Access. But I had to Fix ssh from WHM these Tips and Tricks
    help me fix ssh from whm.

If you are unable to login to cpanel server using ssh, the following script above resets the SSH service configuration

My Question is why in 2013 ssh corrupt? Which file in /etc/ssh/ is corrupting and why to lock me out?
    I have
    ls -l
    moduli
    Jan 29 01:03 ssh_config
    Jan 29 01:10 sshd_config
    Jun 22 2012 sshd_config.rpmnew
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_dsa_key
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_dsa_key.pub
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_key
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_key.pub
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_rsa_key
    Sep 2 23:12 ssh_host_rsa_key.pub

Thank You For Fixing SSH Cpanel Script Reset SSH Configuration via WHM when Locked out.

Yes I speak English college educated, I also speak in anti spam search engine so I can find my results and users can too. Lately I have found results from 2003 -2005 before I find relevant information apparently software no longer maintained for servers no longer maintained can't be archived by cPanel so It's my attempt at maintaining current relevant information easily available to myself and those who would look for the same information.

Question remains though what could be corrupting my ssh config file?

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    sshd is part of the operating system, not part of cPanel. If /etc/ssh/sshd_config is changing without your knowledge, then you need to consider who else might have root access to your server and be able to change it. If /etc/ssh/sshd_config is literally becoming corrupt, as you say, then I would recommend rebooting the server into single-user mode and running an fsck (filesystem check), as well as doing hardware diagnostics on the hard drives.

Your data center should be able to help you with all of this, because sshd is not part of cPanel, and keeping the server online and accessible is a responsibility of the data center.