The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW Protect directory dialog repeating?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thared33, Apr 15, 2010.

1. thared33

thared33 Registered

I have no password protected directories but one on my server. When the dialog appears, I can usually enter the correct username and password and it works fine. But for some reason if I enter the wrong user/pass or just click cancel/ok, the dialog keeps repeating itself to where I have to kill the browser to make it go away.

It's weird because it only worked right the very first time I tried it, then it messed up the 2nd time. I need the pw protect dialog feature to go directly to the error page if wrong info is entered. How would I go about doing that?

2. WiredTree Joe

WiredTree Joe Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Does this happen with every browser? Test things out on a few different browsers and see if this issue is persistent across all of them. Also, do you have any other .htaccess directives in the directories .htaccess file that has the password protection enabled? I would clear out the .htaccess file and reset up the directory protection to see if the issue continues.

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Sounds like you either have something misconfigured in your .htaccess or something is interfering with your cookies on your browser.