The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PW Protected DIR asking for login twice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boutwell, Jan 26, 2005.

1. boutwell

boutwell Member

I saw this thread from a search but apparently my issue is a different one as I am using no redirects whatsoever.

I am trying to PS protect a Gallerey installation. Without fail, every time I log in it authenticates twice. I have updates CPanel, deleted all of .htaccess files involved, created fresh both manually and using the CPanel interface to no avail.

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing thing? Heading the the Gallery forums now...

TIA :)

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

IIRC, doesn't Gallery already use HTTP_AUTH protection? If not, ignore me, if it does, then you don't need to create .htpasswd protection for admin access otherwise you will have to authenticate twice.

3. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Not using an addon domain / parked domain to access it are you? If you are and you don't put the trailing slash on the dirname, apache will redirect to the main account domain after you login so you will need to login again for the main domain.

4. boutwell

boutwell Member

No, its all SQL based auth with them...they have htaccess files but they are all blank :(

No add-on domains or anything like that either, Scotty. The address is identical both before and after authentication :(

The Gallery forums did not reveal much other than "it should work although it is not a supported server environment" :(