Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Python app not found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by volvodriver, Mar 17, 2019.

1. volvodriver

volvodriver Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm trying to run a simple python script testing writing some data to a mySQL database. I've seen several different versions of instructions, one saying to create my desired folder, make that the app directory and run it; another saying that it has to be in 'public_html/cgi-bin' folder.

I've tried both but when i execute the command 'python3 myfile.py' in the setup python app section i get an 'errno2 file or directory not found' error. I know the file is there because if i navigate to domain.com/appdirectory i get 'It works! Python 3.7.2' and if i navigate to domain.com/appdirectory/myfile.py i am given the option to download the file (i'll deal with protecting that or something later).

What am i doing wrong?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @volvodriver,

Your profile shows your access level as "Website Owner", suggesting you do not have root access to the server. If that's the case, then I recommend reporting this issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look at the Python Selector feature in CloudLinux (Setup Python App is a CloudLinux feature) to see what's happening.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...