Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Qmail to Exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by herbertjoei, Nov 28, 2006.

1. herbertjoei

herbertjoei Member

Hi,

I have a lot of accounts I want to migrate to cpanel. Unfortunately, they are all using qmail and we cannot afford to loose any of the emails.

Is there a way to migrate qmail account to exim? I won't mind if resorting to manual method is the only way as long as I can move them.

Thanks.

Herbert

2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

What mailbox format is Qmail using? Maildir? Mbox?

Are the mailbox for the users one single inbox file or is it a directory like cur, new with a file inside for each message?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. herbertjoei

herbertjoei Member

Hi,

Qmail is using maildir with "cur" and one file per email. We already found a way to do it. Our data center ran a script to convert the cpanel mailbox to maildir format (which removed the neomail hhmm.. and deleted the other emails. fortunately this is a new server) and we just copied over the maildir files :D Horay!

Now all i have to figure out is how to do this via script. Is there a command line to create emailboxes for each site with predefined passwords?

Thanks!