The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by loststryk, May 21, 2003.

1. loststryk

loststryk Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2003
    London, UK.
    Ok, i have tested and re-tested exim, this software is almost as buggy as sendmail.

exim allows users to mail bomb, dosent authenticate smtp properly, allows users to send email from fake addresses.

DarkOrb, Cpanel staff really need to start looking at exim, i personally feel QMAIL would be the best alterantive as a mail daemon, it's stable, it's secure and it authenticates smtp correctly.

I don't know how many others on this forum feel the same way, but we pay for a product, we at least expect our views to be listened to and an alternative solution offered.

The last thing i want if for my companies to become listed on the spam lists and spam organistations that provide data to ISP's.

I'm pretty much sure, that anyone else really serious about there business feels the same.

Let me know what you think and how this issue affects you.

Simon Lorentsen Support Ticket Number:
  2. howard

howard Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2003
    with all due respect I belive the various exim problems people have been having are going to come up in various different ways whatever mta your using (qmail/sendmail/postfix/exim/etc can't be expected to work if they being fed faulty data to begin with or cannot/read find the data they are supposed to work with) esp w/the target audience which cpanel is generally directed at or used by (no offense to anyone intelligence here)

Personally i think the cpanel crew should seriously start looking @ upgrading to exim4 as they could move a few funcs out of to the new acl system and also seeing if they can alter their perl funcs so that they don't need to run exim as root anymore
    #2 howard, May 21, 2003
    Last edited: May 21, 2003