The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quck Question - multiple cpanel accounts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishware, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I noticed a new feature that has appeared sometime recently -- if I log into certain cpanel accounts on my server (i.e. logging into cpanel for a user/domain), I get a dropdown that allows me to quickly change to another user/domain.

Which is fantastic! I love it!

But........

I'm searching to try and find out how the association is done -- and I can't seem to find any info on this feature...

What is the feature officially called, so I can search for the right thing???

Meanwhile, if you just HAPPEN to have a link sitting around to documentation on it, that would be appreciated as well. :)

Cool!

(On another note, the new POP3 aging feature is a cool idea, too!)

2. derqqqq

derqqqq Member

In reseller center...

Hi, they are relationed in the reseller center.

All accounts owned by the same reseller are shown if you log in as the reseller.

Regards.

3. Ishware

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That.

Rocks.

Really makes me want to pull all of my reseller accounts (one for each subject type I host) and glom them all back into one... hehehe

Sweet!

4. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that thing too - very cool! I have been wondering about the associations as well. I am the only host on my server (I don't sell to resellers) so all my accounts are created as root being the reseller. First, is that stupid and is there any compelling reason to create a reseller account for myself? And second, if that is ok to do, why is it that I'm not seeing the other accounts in that dropdown thingy even when I log into cPanel using my root password? I created the accounts from root because it seemed easier to do so and I couldn't find anything on the subject one way or the other.

I hope I'm not headed for public humiliation on the root thing :(.

David

5. Ishware

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /me publicly humiliates you.

There, there, feel better now? :-D

Okay, seriously, here's what I've figured out:

1. Your cPanel password must not equal your WHM password. If you log in using your cPanel password, you won't see the dropdown. If you log in using your WHM password, you'll see the dropdown.
    2. cPanel theme must be BlueLagoon to see the dropdown.
    3. You will only see accounts from the same reseller -- I don't know about root owning the account...

Hope this helps. :-D

And for the record, since I wrote the above, I did go back and put all my personal domains and subdomains under my main reseller... I also switched them all from xlagoon back to bluelagoon... :-D

6. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Well thanks for going easy on me :D. I'm going to ask the root account creation question in a new thread since it's really a different subject and, with no other threads that I can find explaining it, I'm sure someone will be helped by it in the future. I would also like a difinitive answer if anyone knows. BTW, the dropdown box is showing up in my "x" theme! Still only shows one account though.

David