Query concerning empty WP database on a subdomain

AbZu

Registered
Aug 21, 2017
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have created a subdomain on my main hosting site and successfully installed WP on it. Plan to transfer the site using the Duplicator plugin to the main site, which is NOT a WP site, There is a factor that I believe needs to be solved before making the migration.

1: cPanel> File Manager contains the sub domain folders:
wp.mainsite.com
/cgi-bin
/wp
2: cPanel> File Manager root:home/mainsite
3: php MyAdmin
+ mainsite_wp10 (contains all of the files of the mainsite)
+ mainsite_wpx ( WP database is empty, this is the subdomain where WP has been installed )
4: MySQL Database
database: mainsite_wp10 size: 1.54 MB (main site)
database: mainsite_wpx size: 0.00 MB (subdomain with WP installed)

Both sites have users correctly added with full privileges. The WP site has been completed and visible when the URL is loaded to a browser.

So my question is: why do I have an empty database in my WP installation and how can I solve it? TIA

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
So my question is: why do I have an empty database in my WP installation and how can I solve it? TIA
Hello,

Can you open phpMyAdmin from the cPanel interface and verify the database in-question is actually empty?

Thank you.

AbZu

Registered
Aug 21, 2017
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

Can you open phpMyAdmin from the cPanel interface and verify the database in-question is actually empty?

Thank you.
Thank you for your reply. Yes it is empty. When the database is viewed in phpMyAdmin >> No tables found in database.
This is the database I created with full user privileges and corresponds to the subdomain that I created on the localhost. When in the installation of WP is viewed in cPanel/FileManager all the contents of the installed site are visible.

AbZu

Registered
Aug 21, 2017
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thank you for your reply. Yes it is empty. When the database is viewed in phpMyAdmin >> No tables found in database.
This is the database I created with full user privileges and corresponds to the subdomain that I created on the localhost. When in the installation of WP is viewed in cPanel/FileManager all the contents of the installed site are visible.
Attaching a screen shot.

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you report this issue to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look to see why that database isn't populated with data? This isn't something you can do without root access to the system.

Thank you.