The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about apache update in WHM

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rpmws, May 8, 2006.

1. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

anyone noticed in (whm --> update apache) when you select the php version you want compiled that below the first php version checkbox that has Php Module (Version 4.3.3) and then a list of other versions below. Multiple selections with the Php Module (Version 4.3.3) can be selected. What I am wondering is what this means. Do we need to select the first one? does it really mean (php) or does it mean (Php Module (Version 4.3.3)) and if so isn't that confusing when you can check it and check another below?

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

you don't need. only one php module can be selected and compiled. any one from listed - 4.3.3, 4.4.1, etc.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

That's not quite true.

Only one of the available listed PHP versions will be used, however you can select (as in check the checkbox) and number of the listed PHP versions. This can only be due to poor design.

Hands up who reckons that the available PHP versions should be presented as radio buttons and not checkboxes? After all, that's the whole point of radio buttons . . . but then the correct use of HTML objects is not often something that cPanel seems to follow.

4. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

absolutely. radio button will be better and in this case clients cannot select bad option.
    BTW. if you select two or more php module - some of them as minimum will not work and i think in some cases just php will not run (not check this honestly, because i am never check few php module simultaneously :)).

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

so it's not just me :)

I have kinda thought it was supposed to mean (compile with php) as the first top php check box and then the rest are the version you are selecting. I was thinking that they just needed to remove the text that says 4.3.3 next to the top one. I have always had that one selected as well as the new version I was compiling and my boxes run and apache seems to compile file with the higher number I select. But it certainly would make sense to have radio buttons UNLESS this thing will compile multiple versions on same build?