The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, May 3, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

Yesterday i installed one add-on on mydomain.com/oscommerce. Today i want to delete the add-on because the add-on is not stable. Since it is a little bit difficult to remove the add-on(i should change php files and mysql). So i decided to run "restore backup" in WHM. After i restore it with "daily backup". I found some features of the add-on still on mydomain.com/oscommerce, but some has gone. So i wonder what time the script for "daily backup" runs? Maybe the script of "daily backup" was running during the time that i installed the add-on yesterday. Is there a way that i can restore mydomain.com/oscommerce to the situation without the add-on i installed yesterday?
    Many thanks in advance!

2. Doug E

Doug E Well-Known Member

I would like to second that questiond and add to it..

How do I change the default time of my daily backups? WHM doesnt seem to offer the option. As it is now its during my peak hours, no good for business.

3. DalQuest

DalQuest Member

You need to change the parameters in your crontab. My system stores the info about what to run and when in /var/spool/cron/root for cpbackups.

If you don't know what to edit try 'man cron' and 'man crontab' in a shell to get info about what each of the settings mean.

-D-

4. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply!