Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about cPanel default files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sergis, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Sergis

Sergis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everybody. My WordPress website get hacked by Japanese Keyword Hack and i try to clean my cPanel. And really cant find nowhere a default cpanel files. I mean, how it looks clean without unnecessary files. I find some folder in cPanel looks like .cpanel and some folders in it and a lot of files. I wish to know can i delete it? Because i find in that folder some infected lines .cpanel/datastore/Cpanel::PublicSuffix_default line is very long
    {"tree":{"xn--54b7fta0cc":{"\\0":1},"abarth":{"\\0":1},"bharti"

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no document that provides the default file/directory list for a new account. Do you have root or reseller access to the server? If so, you could create a new account to see the default file structure. That said, if the account was hacked, you may want to consider backing up the important data, re-creating the cPanel account, and then importing the backed up data to ensure it's setup correctly.

Thank you.