The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about going back to orinial files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JStanley614, Oct 28, 2010.

1. JStanley614

JStanley614 Registered

Ok if this has been asked before it would be greatly appreciated for a link, if not im hoping someone can answer my question.

I was on this forums about a guy who asked how to get back to his original files and i was wonder if there was a alternative to that. If someone knew of a place to get the backup file for the original files.

If you do i would really like to have a link or something because i think i deleted something i wasn't suppose to while i was installing a forums.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By original files, do you mean the files created during initial account install? If so, the only way to get back all your files would be to restore the file from a backup, since it entirely depends on what you removed.

Otherwise, if it's something that normally creates on new account install, you could have your host if you aren't the hosting provider see if they can grab a copy of the file or files from a newly installed account.

3. JStanley614

JStanley614 Registered

Yes, i mean the original files that start out when you first get your account. Is there a list for the files that come in the original install? or is it different for every website.