The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about main domain in a box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arvy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Arvy

Arvy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

(sorry for my english, I'll try to do my best)

I have a server with 80 domains with NS entries: ns1.inweb.adm.br and ns2.inweb.adm.br

I have one "inweb.com.br" entry in cPanel, that is the "reseller account" of all other 79 entries. And the domain "inweb.adm.br" is parked on it (inweb.com.br). Yes, due to several domain problems, I setup the server to be "inweb.com.br" as main domain, but I'm using inweb.adm.br...

For several months, I created, removed and did lots of things with the "main" account. Now I'm having problems to park/unpark, subdomains and others features.

So, I decided to delete this entry (first remove the parked domain and, after, delete the cPanel entry) and then recreate them, now as unlinked domains (2 cPanel entries). But I'm not sure if this is secure :confused:

My idea is: set "root" as owner of all 79 domains, remove the entry and recreate.

One question is about named (DNS): between delete and recreate the inweb.com.br and inweb.adm.br, all domains will be non-authoritative, right? Will be no problem after recreate the domains and set the new "inweb" cPanel entry as the owner/reseller?

Main question: any risks to lost or corrupt any thing that can blow up the entire server? :eek:

Please, any help is welcome. This is my main server, I'm really afraid :(

2. Arvy

Arvy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No help? :confused: