The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about remote account creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XMBG-Host, Nov 23, 2005.

1. XMBG-Host

XMBG-Host Registered

I am working on a website where people will be able to sign up for hosting accounts though a form and it will create the account automatically. I have the code from Accounting.php.inc so I know I can create an actual account, but I'm wondering is there a way to create a subdomain for that account and allow ftp and cpanel access to that account. So for example we have a package set up for 200 megs of disk space, so much bandwidth, etc. and when they fill out the form it creates http://[b]username[/b].domainname.ext/ and they can ftp and access cpanel through that.

So my question is, is this possible? If so, is there a file similar to Accounting.php.inc that can be used?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

If you create a hosting account using the Accounting functions, they'll have that access. It's just a matter of using the desired subdomain rather than a domain. It is possible that the bandwidth used for that account will be added to the domain rather than the subdomain.