The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about ssl installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I want to install ssl on my web server using whm. I have never done that before. So i get some documents to read:http://www.geotrusteurope.com/support/install/install_cpanel.htm.
    Now i have GeoTrust QuickSSL Web server certificate. But when i install ssl, i need key, right? Where can i get the key? And in the above documment, it is said:"Click on the button to paste the .key and the existing .crt files for the domain into the available display spaces, if they are currently on your server. Otherwise, copy and paste the .key and .crt files into the available display areas."
    So in my case, i think i should copy,right?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    if you genarated a signing request the key will be on the server and it will fetch when you put the domain in

copy and paste the crt in the certifcate block

3. ljwhite

So you mean i just need copy and paste .crt manually. For .key, i just need click the "fetch" button, right?

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Please don't open a new thread for every variation of your SSL issue... you've opened perhaps three or four all dealing with installing SSL on your server...

5. ljwhite

I am sorry for that. I have so many different questions about ssl. But i will not do that again.

6. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

:)

It helps if we see all the situation at once... may help get your answers more quickly, etc. No problem, and welcome!

7. ljwhite

Thanks. I want to ask you one question? I have renewed my ssl certificate. I have test the website with ssl, it works well. And emails on my web server also use ssl. How do i know which version of certificate is used for email now, the old one, or the new one?