The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the efficency in data usage of cpanel + open cart for a online store with 250products

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brian_dean2002, Mar 18, 2013.

1. brian_dean2002

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone, i am new to cpanel and open cart.
    Around 8 months ago i was looking into options to take my offline store online so i began training myself in oscommerce however after 2 months i had to stop my training as i started ACCA (accounting degree).

But about a month ago i still bought web hosting thinking that slowly i will develop my website. i aim to have 500 products online by the time i finish. My web hosting guy did not have oscommerce on this server so he told me to go with open cart ( and i just went with the flow). So now i have cpanel + open cart to manage my online store. I have a 1gb of disk space and with 130 products i have ran out of space. So will 5gb of disk space be enough to have 500 products online or will i have to upgrade even more in the future? (i am seriously considering the ROI of this website as marketing etc i have not began as yet).

And by the way, see below and kindly tell me what are these files that cpanel + open cart are creating that is eating up all of my space...
    public_html/system/config
    Name: Cpanel_form. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:11pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600
    Name: Cpanel_Form_file.upload.5mJtTJYwEywH3E2F. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:09pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600

Public_html/system/database
    Name: Cpanel_form. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:11pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600

public_html/system/engine
    Name: Cpanel_Form_file.upload.5mJtTJYwEywH3E2F. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:09pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600

public_html/system/helper
    Name: Cpanelz. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:11pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600

public_html/system/library/

public_html/system/logs
    Name: Cpanelz. Size: 59.31MB. Last modified: yesterday 11:11pm. Type:text/x-generic. Perms:0600

So what are these repetitive files with repetitive patterns eating around 800MBs of mine?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Question about the efficency in data usage of cpanel + open cart for a online store with 250prod

System files from the software you use, I suspect. Nothing to do with cPanel though. Not one thing.

3. brian_dean2002

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Re: Question about the efficency in data usage of cpanel + open cart for a online store with 250prod

ok in that case the only thing installed is Opencart. Why is opencart creating multiple identical files of the same type at 59.3 MB (62,189,568 bytes) in every folder? and can oscommerces be installed by cpanel or is cpanel limited to only opencart?

- - - Updated - - -

and i deleted a few of the 59.3MB files 8 hours ago and my website was up and running fine. Again i checked my website 4 hours ago without making any changes and it was working fine but now when i open my website i get the following.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'supercom_ocar790'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 6

Notice: Error: Could not make a database link using supercom_ocar790@localhost in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 10

Notice: Error: Could not connect to database supercom_ocar790 in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 15

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 55

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Notice: Error:
    Error No:
    SELECT * FROM oc_store WHERE REPLACE(`url`, 'www.', '') = '' in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/supercom/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 67

So should i shift to oscommerces or eitherway i need 5GB of disk space just to host 500 products online?

4. brian_dean2002

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Do you want to see the mysql.php in question?

5. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Not wanting to stick my oar in or anything, but don't these look very similar to the files occasionally left behind when uploading large files via the cPanel file manager interface? I've only ever seen these left behind in the tmp/ folder of each account i.e

tmp/Cpanel_Form_file.upload.4756964949419563

I guess my question would be, have you uploaded files of this size or larger into these directories via the cPanel file manager?

6. brian_dean2002

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

@ Thinice. No i have never uploaded anything using the cpanel file manger interface. I only make uploads of pictures for products from within opencart and from about 120 products the largest picture file that i have every uploaded is of 257KB.

More about these 59.31MB files, if i click on them and say "View" this is what i see

Code:
    text/x-generic Cpanel-config-open-cart
    gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Thu Mar 14 11:50:26 2013 

����AQ��ݳ\�q�W���u��Y�****͈ᗙ���8�O�C�****">$�Y��Oo�\f�j��_��Cq�����Y��*�~�������y:I>�&�ۭ>O�y)�~����ÿ������g�?�l�?���HΗߟ��n)��6)����Y��ˁ?�?~z���ٯ>�{��~��:�3�������wo_���ן�xo$������o���OI��RK��o����o���Ѡ��?��y��O�x����ן�d~���߿��s.[�/��ܬ�o������/���g~��������rھ~�����^�������ϟ~x޿��W_��/�������7�>|x������?|�?�}��O���݋�>~<�{���?��p�ޢ���O���t�����_O��ϟ���o_���ݏo������w�<����?{��~��ƫ�~��ܚW��˿�>~z��Uڶ�/���l����߽}�qW��˟>~������+I��������f�?��n϶�wi�m{����]�d^4�_�|���w�?�����������=����?���o�'��|���?}��7>}���ӫ:�����_m��(�濞w��ᯯ������?��Of����=��O�ϟx}�o���{[���s������7࿰������Oo�����|���f����Ë��կݗ�����?����v��x����߼|a�{>z�����|��û����/����	�>�}<|��_z�������W�4����f2�����o~?�?X\ؿ\�A��`/�ÿ�>s=���]|����\�_�Ӈ�o~~xzy�n�������W��������e�8����s�X�s�X�϶�w�\"�ų���|����������z������@&oN��#�[3�)�5]�q�酖���d�=2�5C�ך���iw����콊�yښ��Q\������Q\}��Gq�}j�=Q��Ԑ{���|7ߧ��Q�|��Gq�}j$>���S#�Q�@�J|7Ч�
    ��Gq}*�Q�@��|7Ч�=Q��T�'�}�*|wЧ*���Gq}��Q�A��|wЧ���Gq}��Q�A��|wЧ:��~O�>5�bߧ���G��}j�Q<\���x�>e|קL������������������/���'���)��'���)���x�2���)�Z��(6ߧ�SƵ&�Ql2�Oe:���o
    �&��T��xʸ�:�M��BG��'�}���D��S��b}��Q,�O5>���G��>��(Ч:��T�X@��|�S��b}j�Q,�O�{���qO�>%���l|��S��Q��O�Y�2�5�G��>%�G��>�/ �2�O��Q��O��Q��O��Q��OI�'�]��tO�>��(N�Oe>��S����T�8�>��(N�O>��S����T�8�>U�(N�OU>��S�(�}��žO�;ɠO�)�[�Gq}���M��vg2�O�)�Z���L��)�v7e|k�(ξO)_��2O[�|��d\�R�v7e|k�(.�O)_��2�5|��d\�R�v7e\k�ڝi�>�|�n����Q\|�R�v'~���Q��Q��~���žO�;��(L��b���d�(��(T�ڝ�}&�G��Ga2|�}�|�N�>
    ����0>��>
    ���q��b���d�bߧ�ڝ�}�|�N�>
    ����0>��>
    U�v'~���Q��Q��~���Q��QX����0>��>
    ����������0�{��������������0>��>
    ����0>��>
    Mw���>
    ����0>��>
    Mw���>
    ����0�{���;jw~���Q��Q��~���Q�Q�;jw`E��v�Q�;jw`E��v�Q�;jw`E��v�Q�;jw`E��v�Q�;jw`E�kw
    �Q$�v�`E�kw
    �Q$�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Qd�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`E�kw
    �Q�v�`Eakw���TakwKƷ���]��)�v�d\k���.��[�[2�5l�n��}���-�2�wߧ��ݒq�akw���Sl�n����Q�TakwKƵ����2�O���%�Z���vߧ��ݒ��****���k
    [��e|�bkwKƷ�(v}����%�5��ݙ�S���-��v�˸>U��ݒ��****���k

7. brian_dean2002

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Thought i would update you'll on what issues i was facing.
    Turns out it was a security issue, user names passwords of cpanel and open cart was just distributed between 3 people including myself but i guess 3 was a very large number and hence someone was manually copying (creating duplicates) in every folder to inflate the disk usage. And that someone was not me :D and the other two are not taking responsibility.

Anyway guys and girls build a security plan quickly for yourself before you also end up wasting time tracing such issues.

Cheers.

#7 brian_dean2002, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013