The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About two home directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iLinux85, Dec 28, 2010.

1. iLinux85

iLinux85 Active Member

Hello

i add new hard disk drive and mounted as /home2 and i add in Basic cPanel/WHM Setup under Home Directory Prefix , now i have accounts already in default home directory which is /home

the question is : how could i move the accounts already in /home to /home2

thanks

2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You wouldn't.
    Moving accounts from /home/ to /home2/ is far more complicated than just moving the account's directory. You've got logins to worry about, apache to worry about, ftp, mail, cPanel, it's a big old mess. Right now, there's no "automated" way to do this, though you might be able to terminate and restore from backups IF you have the /home2/ partition setup as the primary one. I did say might, because I'm not sure that would work either.

3. LiquidWebBenny

PartnerNOC

The quick and dirty way to do it is to copy all of the contents of the /home/$user directory to /home2/$user, and then symlink them. You will want to make sure, if there is content being written to those folders, that you stop Apache after your initial copy, and re-sync the data.

Here's a list of commands. Make sure to replace the appropriate information, delineated by a '$'

That should get some space cleared up for you. If you work with a managed provider, they should be willing to help you out with getting those accounts moved.

Good luck!