The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about upgrade to Cloudlinux

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by proeffect, Mar 28, 2014.

1. proeffect

proeffect Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear cPanel community,

since quite a while I have noticed CSF's suggestion to upgrade to CloudLinux and I am really considering the idea as I would be highly interested in having multiple PHP versions, however I would like to get an expert's opinion first in order to make absolutely sure the upgrade / migration will be smooth and without resulting in any potential errors / problems.

I have a small / medium sized VPS that runs a handful of private websites, a few basic WordPress powered websites and 2 medium sized Magento stores. Note in particular that one of the Magento stores in question makes use of Memcached.

Besides that I have the following setup:

• Running WHM 11.42.0 (build 23)
    • nginxCP v4.4 Stable
    • MySQL 5.5.x
    • PHP v. 5.3.28
    • As extra modules I run mod_ruid2

I was wondering if anyone could provide me some further details on whether or not I have to take particular notice on behalf of anything or if I am completely free to proceed with the upgrade without encountering any possible issues. Some expert advise would be truly appreciated.

Thank you very much and best regards.

2. iseletsk

iseletsk Well-Known Member

Everything looks fine, but if you want to use PHP Selector & CageFS, you will need to switch away from mod_ruid2/mod_php.