Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Question - Crontab in my server (Curiosity)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hbhb, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hbhb

hbhb Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am just curious, I have few servers and when I check my crontab, I found the same line in all servers but at a different time.

43 0 * * * cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/fantastico/scripts/ ; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

24 20 * * * cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/fantastico/scripts/ ; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

32 19 * * * cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/fantastico/scripts/ ; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

3 16 * * * cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/fantastico/scripts/ ; /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Anyone can explain what are the purpose for these command, and should I make any changes to these to standardize them all (the time)

--------------------------------------

Secondly, one of my server doesn't set any automatic CPanel updates, so I set automatic updates for CPanel packages and Security packages. Is it suppose to add "/scripts/upcp" into my crontab? Most of them are also at different time.

I assume this command is to inform me whenever my user make a new domain add-on?
    /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/cpaddons_report.pl --notify

Also can anyone tell me what are the purpose of these?
    /usr/local/bandmin/bandmin
    /usr/local/bandmin/ipaddrmap
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumon >/dev/null 2>&1
    /scripts/exim_tidydb > /dev/null 2>&1
    /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsqueue > /dev/null 2>&1

Thanks!