rmawad

Dec 25, 2019
seattle
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all-

i have been taken advantage of three separate times now with respect to my limited knowledge in site design. I had enough and took back my site and doing some code editing.

I do have a beginner question: I am using GoDaddy and their cPanel file manager. my site is a fitness site that has a few pages (5) and some of the footer code needs to be changed...ie the link to one of our SM accounts. I know I can go through the file manager and toggle through the public_html uploads and change the code manually on all 5 pages separately. While not a huge issue I would assume there is a way to replace the same code on all 5 pages at once so I don't have to manually go through each file manager upload.

Is there pseudo "find and replace all" type dynamic with the code? Hopefully, that makes sense.

Basically I want to replace code on 5 pages simultaneously to be a little more efficient.

Much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello there! The best answer we can provide with the details we have here is "it depends."

If the site is using a tool like Wordpress there is likely a way to edit the theme used for all pages. This would be done through the Wordpress manager area.

It the site is built from scratch...that could be significantly more complicated. It could be that you would need to edit the code of each page individually. There could be stylesheets involved that control the header and footer area, so editing one of those files may resolve the issue. There are tools that would allow you to replace blocks of text inside multiple files at once, but those should be used with extreme caution as a small error will get sent to multiple areas at one time. I would also recommend taking a backup of the entire site before any changes are made.

Unfortunately it would require a thorough code review of the entire site and how it is built before anyone would be able to answer this question.

rmawad

Dec 25, 2019
seattle
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello there! The best answer we can provide with the details we have here is "it depends."

If the site is using a tool like Wordpress there is likely a way to edit the theme used for all pages. This would be done through the Wordpress manager area.

It the site is built from scratch...that could be significantly more complicated. It could be that you would need to edit the code of each page individually. There could be stylesheets involved that control the header and footer area, so editing one of those files may resolve the issue. There are tools that would allow you to replace blocks of text inside multiple files at once, but those should be used with extreme caution as a small error will get sent to multiple areas at one time. I would also recommend taking a backup of the entire site before any changes are made.

Unfortunately it would require a thorough code review of the entire site and how it is built before anyone would be able to answer this question.

Thank you so much. yes it is a full-blown coded page with no WP. I am being very cognizant of what I do change as for now it is minimal verbiage. As you mentioned I am simply going page by page and manually changing.

Thanks again!