Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Question - Mysql Access List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by axishost, Mar 4, 2003.

1. axishost

axishost Active Member

I am trying to add a remote address to one of the databases but it's not work- any ideas?

Under access hosts I add username@ipaddress

It says added but it doesn't show up on the list- I tried changing to a different theme "bluelagoon" and tried it - and it also didn't work- what am I doing wrong?

Also where is my post about moving from server to server - there is a problem here if I move from server to server and keep databases but all the mysql passwords are not set. Why was this deleted? I never got an answer to my question

Jeremy

2. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

The remote host address you should be entering is just the IP address or FQDM - do not include user@

You will then be able to connect from that address using any username/password combo you have assigned to the db.

3. axishost

axishost Active Member

ip address

ok - what about if I put just an ip address and it doesn't add it- any ideas on this?

4. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

Hmm, it added fine for an account on my server.

Are you using a custom theme that doesn't work correctly? Try the bluelagoon theme to see if it makes a difference.