These instructions are not clear either in the documentation nor in any of the posts in this forum. Even solely for the synchronize choice:
- Standalone — This method fetches DNS records from the remote server, but does not write records from the local server to the remote server.
- Synchronize — This method synchronizes records between the local server and the remote server.
- Write-only — This method pushes the local server's records to write to the remote server, but does not query records from the remote server to write to the local server
- Will the WHM servers be set to synchronize, with the DNS-only servers in the cluster being set to standalone mode?
- Or do all servers need to be set to synchronize?
- Do all servers in the cluster need to have each other's API keys and connect to each other back and forth in the DNS cluster?
- What about the reverse trust relationship? Will all servers need to have it checked?
The same applies to other choices. The setup is not clear. If there was a diagram showing the potential connections with the potential choices needed, that would make it more understandable.