The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on mailing lists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by savoym, Sep 27, 2009.

1. savoym

savoym Registered

We have 8 mailing lists that we setup a few years ago. Our ISP just upgraded on CPanel a few months ago. I had setup a dummy yahoo email address that I utilized in each of these mailing lists. The problem that I just found was that there were over 4,000 emails that never made it to the dummy yahoo email address but they did go to the sys admin email address that has the same domain name as the website.

Can anyone explain what may have gone wrong? Also, do we have to have the mailing list also setup as an email address within C-Panel to ensure that the mailing list gets all it's emails?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am sorry to see you are having an issue, at this point we would need to take a closer look at this issue with you. I would recommend putting in a ticket via the link at the bottom of this post. Also, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From the rather vague description, it sounds like the emails went to the domain default address because you had wildcard email turned on and had the wrong email address in some way.