cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Are you attempting to disable the Memcache Apache module? If so, you can simply disable it under the Apache modules section of EasyApache. When you build Apache, it will no longer be included as a module.

If you have installed memcache as a Pecl module, you can uninstall it via:

Code:
# pecl uninstall memcache
Thank you.

vlee

Oct 13, 2005
Spokane, Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

Are you attempting to disable the Memcache Apache module? If so, you can simply disable it under the Apache modules section of EasyApache. When you build Apache, it will no longer be included as a module.

If you have installed memcache as a Pecl module, you can uninstall it via:

Code:
# pecl uninstall memcache
Thank you.
I did the install by following this Step By Step Guide To Install Memcache On Linux | am i works?

Now I wish to uninstall it

I have disabled extension=memcache.so in the php.ini file and restarted apache. But this just the extention.

I tried to use this # pecl uninstall memcache in shell but it said not found. Does this mean memcache is gone now and I can clean un used files in the root directory?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Removing the extension from your /usr/local/lib/php.ini file should be sufficient to disable it, however you should uninstall the Memcache Daemon using the same method you used to install it. While we can't directly support uninstalling a source installation, you should be able to browse to the directory and use the "make" and "make uninstall" commands.

Thank you.

vlee

Oct 13, 2005
Spokane, Washington
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Removing the extension from your /usr/local/lib/php.ini file should be sufficient to disable it, however you should uninstall the Memcache Daemon using the same method you used to install it. While we can't directly support uninstalling a source installation, you should be able to browse to the directory and use the "make" and "make uninstall" commands.

Thank you.
That works thank you Michael