Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Question on Mysql Process

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by rblackburnuk, Oct 3, 2018.

1. rblackburnuk

rblackburnuk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When checking the process manager inside WHM i have a process by MySQL which is using 91.95% CPU at the time of writing this and is increasing slowly, memory is at 0.84%

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --plugin-dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --log-error=62-210-146-167.removed]--open-files-limit=75535 --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/62-210-146-167.[removed]

I just wanted to confirm if i should worry about this process, what it's for and/or what i can do to decrease the usage.

It's not stressing the server as it's a 8CPU 32GBram server but i want to know more about this process

Many thanks for any help.

#1 rblackburnuk, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @rblackburnuk

This process is the MySQL server process and it's really difficult to tell you with just this whether or not it should be a concern. If you have a database driven site/s you're going to be allocating more resources to MySQL. One of the things you can do directly through the UI to identify what's happening is check the Daily Process log at WHM>>Server Status>>Daily Process log - it may give some hints as to what is causing the usage but ultimately knowing what MySQL is doing when the process is consuming a large amount of resources is going to answer the question best. You can see what MySQL is doing at any given moment by doing running like this on the MySQL CLI:

(from my test server)
    Code:
    [root@server ~]# mysql
    Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MariaDB connection id is 57825
    Server version: 10.2.17-MariaDB MariaDB Server

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> show processlist;
    +-------+-------------+-----------+------+---------+------+--------------------------+------------------+----------+
    | Id    | User        | Host      | db   | Command | Time | State                    | Info             | Progress |
    +-------+-------------+-----------+------+---------+------+--------------------------+------------------+----------+
    |     2 | system user |           | NULL | Daemon  | NULL | InnoDB purge worker      | NULL             |    0.000 |
    |     1 | system user |           | NULL | Daemon  | NULL | InnoDB purge coordinator | NULL             |    0.000 |
    |     3 | system user |           | NULL | Daemon  | NULL | InnoDB purge worker      | NULL             |    0.000 |
    |     4 | system user |           | NULL | Daemon  | NULL | InnoDB purge worker      | NULL             |    0.000 |
    |     5 | system user |           | NULL | Daemon  | NULL | InnoDB shutdown handler  | NULL             |    0.000 |
    | 57825 | root        | localhost | NULL | Query   |    0 | init                     | show processlist |    0.000 |
    6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    You can also check the MySQL error logs which are usually at
    Code:
    /var/lib/mysql/hostname.domain.tld.err

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...