Question regarding ACL

Tm218

Registered
Apr 10, 2005
with the resource limit, does the X amount of mb come out of their package, or is it a seperate thing? like if i set their cpanel/whm package at 2000mb and i set their disk space resource limit at 1000mb, would they be able to give out 1000mb and still have 2000mb of free space? or would they give out 1000mb and only have 1000mb of free space left

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Please be more patient on the forums, people will reply as and when they wish to and bumping threads won't win you any points.

Part of the issue is that your question doesn't seem to make any sense. If you setup a cPanel account and allocate it 2GB of disk quota, then that account (provided there is sufficient disk space) can use up to 2GB of space. That's it. I don't understand what you're referring to a different space quota is.

Tm218

Registered
Apr 10, 2005
I am talking about the reseller permissions. If i create the account with 2gb space, and i create it as a reseller, and i set the maximum resource limit to 2gb. Does that mean that the guy can resell all of his space? In other words, if he were to create an account with 1gb disk space, he would only be able to use 1gb disk space for his main site?

Murtaza_t

Jan 24, 2005
Earth
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Tm218 said:
I am talking about the reseller permissions. If i create the account with 2gb space, and i create it as a reseller, and i set the maximum resource limit to 2gb. Does that mean that the guy can resell all of his space? In other words, if he were to create an account with 1gb disk space, he would only be able to use 1gb disk space for his main site?
He will not be able to use more than 1GB for his main account and also he cannot sell more than 1GB as well.