Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Question regarding push email on Android

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by linuxcat, Jan 5, 2019.

1. linuxcat

linuxcat Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello everyone,

I have a question regarding push email and "Android" smartphones.

I have an android smartphone and have my emails hosted on cPanel server configured with IMAP and 10 minutes interval sync. Unfortunately push email does not work as expected and does not alert about new email in real time.

Few years ago, when BlackBerry smartphones were popular, I had a very pleasant experience of using them with my cPanel emails. I believe they used their special email feature "Blackberry fast mail" service alerted for new email in real time. The feature was available in cPanel x3 theme. I do not see that anymore in paper_lantern theme.

Reference:
    The BlackBerry FastMail Service - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Also, as per wikipedia :

So my question is, while continuing with Android smartphones, is there any way to achieve push email on cPanel server?

If I prefer to buy their latest flagship mobile "Blackberry Key2 Le", will I receive email's in real time as I used to with their old phones?

I am really facing tough times to receive email alerts for emails hosted on cPanel server, on my Android devices, and really wish if there was a way to enable real time alerts such as push email or any other alternative.

Looking forward for suggestions and advises from all you experienced people.!!

Thanks.

2. linuxcat

linuxcat Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just a quick note, I am more curious if BlackBerry Key2 Le with Android OS, will support push email or instant email?

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...