Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question with Email Filters on Forwarders

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by neocharles, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. neocharles

neocharles Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I am hoping you can help me out.

I am looking to essentially whitelist certain address(es) to be able to send emails to one of my forwarders set up.

I have Wordpress installed, and through one of the contact forms is a Membership Renewal form. I don't want people to be able email that address directly (mainly for spam control), but I would like only the contact form to be able to send to that address.

Let's say that address is memberships@domain.com. The forwarder is set to go to secretary@domain.com and treasurer@domain.com.

I have not messed around much with email filters - but from what I can see - since it is not an actual mailbox, I wouldn't be able to use "Email Filters". That would only leave me with "Global Email Filters" - but - I don't want this rule to impact any of the other mailboxes or forwarders that are created.

Is this something that can be done?

Thanks!

2. neocharles

neocharles Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I can control who the email for the contact form comes from (was planning on using memberships@domain.com) instead of the email address of the person filling it out, as that seems to cause some issues with "sending mail on behalf" and getting caught in spam filters. I can whitelist any email address from domain.com inside of SpamAssassin (that's been a headache of it's own to get it to not mark things as SPAM that are HAM)

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You should be able to setup a global filter rule to only filter emails that come from your membership renewal form. Simply setup multiple conditions (e.g. from matches, subject contains, etc) that would only apple to the messages from the form. You may also find this document helpful:

How to Configure Mail Filters - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.