The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danic, Dec 19, 2004.

1. danic

danic Registered

Hi all!

I have a question/problem that I wish to discuss with you.
    My website is hosted by a webhosting company which uses cPanel.

I noticed some time ago that my website receives visitors from the following refferer:
    https://server.hosting_company.com:2087/scripts2/getthemes?modules=1 (I modified the link for privacy reasons - however, the script is ran from the same server on which my website resides). It simce a little weird to me to receive visitors from the specified link, because the specified link requires authentication. I have a big number of hits from that refferer. Something more weird: I tried denying all the requests from that refferer with the following script in the .htaccess file:
    Code:
    setenvifnocase Referer "^https://server.hosting_company.com:2087/scripts2/getthemes?modules=1$" spam_ref=1
    <FilesMatch "(.*)">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
    Deny from env=spam_ref
    </FilesMatch>

This seems NOT to work. However, when I replaced the refferer with another one, everything worked just fine.

What can you tell me about this? What am I doing wrong? What is with that script?

Thanks in advance!

Dani

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    the reason you can not deny is becuse it is comming from a the servers hostname which is local

but you should not be recieving any traffic from it ?? as it is a page of cpanel add on modules

I would ask your host

3. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Let us know what your host says .

4. danic

danic Registered

It seems to be a misconfiguration of the Apache server... (That's what they said)
    The $_SERVER variables are populated with the wrong values... They are trying to fix the problem as we speak.

Thanks!