The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about reseller accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hariskhan, Jul 14, 2006.

1. hariskhan

hariskhan Well-Known Member

1) Default cPanel feature list for Resellers to create accounts with :-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

a) Is it possible to allocate a/some certain feature list(s) to a reseller, so whenever they create an account ... it by default get's made with that! specific feature list.

b) Also, is it possible to allow restrictive cpanel feature list(s) for resellers? For e.g., when a reseller creates an account and doesn't check an option to turn it on for the account, cpanel not show the option in cpanel interface at all?

#1 hariskhan, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  2. hariskhan

DNS Zone templates

2) I haven't allowed a reseller account to configure or see any part of DNS in their reseller account privileges.

Why?!?!?!?!? does WHM still! show the user 'Edit Zone Templates' option in their whm login?

3. hariskhan

3) Why does whm/cpanel do it?

Hello,

3) I limited a reseller to only be able to create 10 accounts. Plus I also checked the 'Resource Usage' checkbox to allow the limit of bandwidth allowed to the reseller. I didn't enable the other two options, which are;

- Limit account creation to pre-assigned packages (all new reseller created packages must be approved in this interface before they can be used by the reseller.)

- Limit the amount of each package that global can create. (This implies the option above.)

Now when I login with the reseller's account, whm/cpanel doesn't allow them to create accounts.

Why doesn't whm/cpanel understand, that a reseller can!!! create accounts without specifying a package for it?!?!?!?!?!

Whenever I create an account after logging in to whm with that reseller's account, whm tells me;

You do not have access to create that package (undefined)!

Why won't it let the reseller create accounts without!!! specifying a package for it??!?!?!?!? when I have not limited the reseller to choose a package if they want to create an account.

#3 hariskhan, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  4. hariskhan

Has whm/cpanel introduced any credible improvements to its reseller interface?

Has whm/cpanel introduced any credible improvements to its reseller interface in whm over the past 3-4 years?

People are paying cpanel, but cpanel is not improving on the options when it comes to resellers for their customers. Why is it so??!??!?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you want tp propose changes, then you should add bugzilla enhancement entries and post back the link so that others that agree can vote on them - that's the way cPanel prefers you bring ideas to their attention.

6. electric

electric Well-Known Member

The reseller "access control system" for cpanel is not very good... but most of us have learned to "work around" the limitations and cpanel's idiotic way of doing things.

One suggestion is to get www.rvskins.com as your cpanel theme. This way, you can at least allow your resellers to limit what cpanel icons their client's see, etc...

7. hariskhan

WHM scripts don't get updated unless I specify /scripts/upcp --force

NOTE: This is not a reseller related issue. Its a whm related issue.

4) WHM scripts don't get updated unless I specify /scripts/upcp --force

This has happened to me, recently on 1 of our servers. I had to manually run /scripts/upcp --force to make whm update its scripts.

Its a critical issue, because /scripts/upcp runs (automatically) daily! and still it didn't updated whm web panel scripts untill I didn't run /scripts/upcp with --force

8. hariskhan

New Reseller account doesn't get listed in its own whm login

5) New Reseller account doesn't get listed in its own whm login;
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I'v created some resellers recently and see a bug. Although;

- WHM for root shows the owner for the reseller account itself IS!! the reseller account

the account isn't listed as owned by the reseller when the reseller logs in to whm with their account credentials.

What's funny is, when the reseller goes to creata a new account, whm shows that the user already owns 1 account, but doesn't! list that! account via 'List Accounts' option. Strange, no?

I have to re-change the ownership of the account to make it list there

#8 hariskhan, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2006