The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions regarding csf/lfd Firewall for CPanel/WHM

Discussion in 'Security' started by albatroz, Sep 3, 2012.

1. albatroz

albatroz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have just installed this plugin that by the way looks awesome, however I have just started to see to see
    some messages that look a bit worrying to me, as I donĀ“t want that it may start affecting the performance
    of my customers websites.

For instance I have found 3 messages like this in this log file /var/log/lfd.log
    Sep 3 07:54:41 pi lfd[27509]: *User Processing* PID:27503 Kill:0 User:librperu VM:208(MB) EXE:/usr/bin/php CMD:/usr/bin/php /home/librperu/public_html/index.php

2. niladam

niladam Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's not a part of cpanel. It's separated and they have a forum where you can read more and/or ask questions.

I also recommend reading the readme as it will enlighten you. Specifically section 8 (Process Tracking) to address your question.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

It's just noticing the process is running, it's not harming it. CSF should send you emails about processes that are running too long. You can edit the excludes to avoid filling your inbox.

All it takes is a user logged in with /bin/bash to warn you all night long ;)

Thanks!