The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions Regarding EasyApache: Apache & PHP Executable Types

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by deth4uall, Jun 3, 2013.

1. deth4uall

deth4uall Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay, so a while back I did research into how I could enable multiple versions of PHP on my cPanel server and found a few answers but I still think that I may have done it wrong by enabling the wrong options. So I am just wanting to know more about the following options and how they affect how the server runs. Please note I used EasyApache to install all of the below so bear with me as I try to piece together how I can improve on this etc and get the right solution.

Apache: Mod FCGID, Mod SuPHP
    Other Modules: Mod Sec, Xcache for PHP

I have tried looking online for more information but haven't found any good articles so far and will continue looking, I want to have a caching method but know that suphp doesn't allow that. I think I saw FCGID did but since I have SuPHP installed as well it was not being allowed. I think I may have two totally different types installed but I wanted to see if the community could help out. Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you attempting to configure multiple versions of PHP 5, or are you only deciding which PHP handler to use? You can find more information about each PHP handler at:

Apache PHP Request Handling

Thank you.