The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about backups.

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Rokalyptica, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rokalyptica

Rokalyptica Registered

I'm a newbie with cPanel and owning a hosted forum. Where can I perform a backup for my forum using cPanel? I already have the backup downloaded.

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure I understand. You want to know where to download a backup that you've already downloaded?

To generate a Full Website Backup, go to your cPanel, find the icon for Backups, and click the Download or Generate a Full Website Backup option. Leave destination to Home Directory, leave email address as it should be, and click Generate.

Once its completed you'll be notified by email that it completed. You'd then login to your account and download it from the root of the accounts file system. /home/username/backup located here

3. Rokalyptica

Rokalyptica Registered

My forum link is /http://undeadoralive.x10.mx]

Here is the story...
    I was having an issue with a domain that I purchased from NetFirms.com, which is uora.net. I set up uora.net, and I was looking forward to replacing the undeadoralive.x10.mx domain with uora.net. What I was wanting to do was make all of the undeadoralive.x10.mx links uora.net instead... so if there was a link 'undeadoralive.x10.mx/memberlist.php', then it would be 'uora.net/memberlist.php' instead. Well, there was a problem that occured; I couldn't login to the forum under the uora.net domain. So, I opened up this topic on my host's support forum: /http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/145362-issue-logging-my-mybb-forum.html

At the end of that topic, I was told to go to PHPMyAdmin and to clear everything in mybb_datacache, but before I do it, I was to download a backup because I could be doing something wrong and mess everything up. Well apparently, I did mess everything by deleting all of the stuff from inside mybb_datacache considering that I keep getting a 'MyBB Error (42)' message everytime I click on either of the links. Fortunately, I downloaded a backup before doing so. However, I don't know how to undo what I just did by using the backup. What do I do with the backup? How do I undo my deletion of the stuff in mybb_datacache from PHPMyAdmin?

4. Rokalyptica

Rokalyptica Registered

Well, I have a backup downloaded. I just want to know to undo what I just did in PHPMyAdmin. I deleted all of the cache from the mybb_datacache tab, and now my forum is getting some sort of error... /http://undeadoralive.x10.mx

I want to know how to undo what I just did and restore it all using the backup. Thanks.

5. Rokalyptica

Rokalyptica Registered

Here's the entire problem in detail: /http://community.mybb.com/thread-85617.html

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You really should open a ticket with your hosting provider on this. That's where your fastest resolution to this issue is I think.

Good luck.