The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota and Bandwidth problem after Transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djoverho, Nov 26, 2003.

1. djoverho

djoverho Active Member

Hi, I have a couple strange things happening. I transferred several accounts of ours from one server to the next but on 1 the bandwidth once it transferred to the new server jumped up from under 100gb to over 212gb and of course it instantly suspeneded him and on another the disk space used jumped way up to over 2 gb even though he is only allowed up to 1.5gb and he was anywhere near that amount. I have ran /scripts/fixquotas and looked to see if there were any excessively big files created in his home directory but couldnt find any...any ideas on how to fix this and why it happened...the other couple accounts we transferred worked fine and we did them the same way....thanks in advance.

2. lcf

lcf Registered

same problem here :(

3. aljuhani

aljuhani Member

any solution ??

4. djoverho

djoverho Active Member

Yeah, I found that somehow one of our clients had somehow gotten combined in with another...I found it by looking at the ownership of all the accounts.... for instance we have domain.com after transferring his account his quotas were showing way off...I went into the home directory and looked at the ownership of all the accounts and found that anotherdomain.com had the ownership id of domain.com, which was combining their space usage...so I basically just changed the ownership to reflect the correct owner and that fixed it...I had that happen on 2 accounts...have no idea how or why, but it took a while to figure it out...by the way, I used a program called Winscp http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/ which make it very easy to determine the permissions and ownership of user accounts...hope this helps.

5. aljuhani

aljuhani Member

Can you please help me by explain what you done step by step because I'm a bigener and have the same problem

I don't know what you mean by ( I went into the home directory and looked at the ownership of all the accounts ) how and from were you went there

Thank You