Quota checks for mailbox disk quota and usage question

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In order to run the process that checks mail quota and sends warnings I can call from Terminal this command:

/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quotacheck

But if I don't call it, how many times per day/hour cPanel checks the user mail quota and sends a mail warning?

Let's suppose /var/cpanel/quotawarned is still empty

I need to know because I'm doing some tests, it seems it's not sending these type of warnings unless I call /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quotacheck manually, even if in the Tweak Settings I have turned on "Enable mailbox usage warnings" and "Mailbox disk quota “critical” percentage" set to 90%

EDIT: in thread title there is a misspelling, it should be "checks", but I can't fix it.

Last edited:

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I believe that quotacheck is called once a day as part of the upcp routine

Reactions: Gino Viroli

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I believe that quotacheck is called once a day as part of the upcp routine
Ouch, if that is true, it's quite annoying, because I set cPanel to update itself once a month, hence my upcp runs once a month. o_O

It seems you are right, I looked into /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp ...
...and it calls /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/maintenance script...
...that calls /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/quotacheck

:mad:

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

cPanel by default does not do a "monthly" update it performs an automated maintenance update nightly. quotacheck is run as part of the maintenance script. I would absolutely not suggest manipulating the upcp cron, if you don't want cPanel to update regularly I'd modify the setting in WHM>>Server Configuration>>Update preferences though an automated "monthly" update is not something that is available.

Reactions: Gino Viroli

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

cPanel by default does not do a "monthly" update it performs an automated maintenance update nightly. quotacheck is run as part of the maintenance script. I would absolutely not suggest manipulating the upcp cron, if you don't want cPanel to update regularly I'd modify the setting in WHM>>Server Configuration>>Update preferences though an automated "monthly" update is not something that is available.
I have got it now. :-p

Reactions: cPanelLauren