The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota display in Disk Space Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slor, Apr 1, 2013.

1. slor

slor Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In my particular cPanel setup, I include MySQL space in users' quota calcs, which I expect is a typical thing to do. Space usages appears to be correct in WHM, and even on a user's main cPanel page, but he sees this when using the Disk Space Usage page:

Files in home directory 0.09 MB
    Files in hidden subdirectories 0.95 MB
    cpmove.psql/ 0.00 MB
    etc/ 0.06 MB
    mail/ 47.61 MB
    public_ftp/ 0.00 MB
    public_html/ 284.30 MB
    tmp/ 7.51 MB
    MySQL 482.36 MB
    Mailing Lists 0.00 MB
    340.53 MB total disk space used
    1,000.00 MB quota limit (340.53 MB used)

I believe each individual number to be correct, but the totals on the last two lines do not include the SQL space in the calculation. Is there a way to correct that?

2. slor

slor Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, it appears the the MySQL usage is also incorrect. That should be somewhere around 137MB now. It should have updated by now, and fixquotas didn't make it any different. Do I need to disable the reporting cache completely, or is it likely I have something else screwed up somewhere?

3. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you try /scripts/fixeverything and see if that fix incorrect disk space problem with the mysql.

4. slor

slor Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have already done that more than once. No luck.

- - - Updated - - -

At last look, at least part of my issue is corrected. MySQL usage is now showing the lower amount it should. Does usage for MySQL get updated less frequently than the other quota info? My understanding is it should be refreshed every 15 minutes, but it was a number of hours before SQL info looked right.

Even with that right, the total disk used in the disk space usage area still does not include the SQL space in its calculation. Is that just something that I'll have to live with?