The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota Errors on Attempt to Modify Account after 58 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wurdey, Jul 14, 2016.

1. wurdey

wurdey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just installed WHM 58 & EasyApache4.

All of the updates were successful, however I attempted to modify an account shortly after the upgrades were completed and I received the following error:

A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.

Code:
    (XID rtzhje) Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please check the paths and try again. Paths:  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota/Common.pm line 170.
        Cpanel::Quota::Common::get_limits(Cpanel::Quota::Blocks=HASH(0x7026170)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota.pm line 111
        Cpanel::Quota::displayquota(HASH(0x704ea58)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 4164
        main::edituser() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 588

Did the upgrade break my quota functionality?

#1 wurdey, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  2. wurdey

wurdey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have checked fstav and quotas are still defined on the partition.

When I attempt to modify a quota of a particular account (directly from "Quota Modification") I do not get any errors.

Thinking maybe a package issue?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please run the following command to verify if this system is on the Xen environment:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/envtype
    If so, it's possible your system is missing a required symbolic link located at /dev/root. You can check this with a command such as:

Code:
    ll /dev/root
    You can run the following command to find the device that corresponds with your root filesystem with a command such as:

Code:
    df -h
    Thus, if the device associated with "/" looks like this:

Code:
    /dev/sda1 1.8T 141G 1.6T 9% / 
    You would run the following command as a temporary resolution until the system is rebooted:

Code:
    ln -s /dev/sda1 /dev/root
    To ensure the symlink is preserved during a reboot, you will need to modify the /etc/udev/rules.d/99-root-link.rules file on your system with a command such as:

Code:
    echo 'KERNEL=="sda1", SUBSYSTEM=="block", SYMLINK+="root"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/99-root-link.rules
    Note that this example assumes your root device is "/dev/sda1".

Internal case CPANEL-6338 should address this issue automatically in cPanel version 60, however I'm checking to see if it's possible to issue a resolution in cPanel 58. I'll update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

4. wurdey

wurdey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am in a KVM enviroment. Would the above hold true?

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should be able to utilize the same steps for the KVM environment. Let us know if the workaround does not work.

Thank you.

6. wurdey

wurdey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Worked perfect, thanks!

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Good news! A resolution for this issue is now released as part of cPanel version 58.0.6:

Fixed case CPANEL-6338: Implemented work around for broken /dev/root symlink during quotacheck.

You can run the following command after updating to cPanel version 58.0.6 or newer to correct this issue:

Code:
    /scripts/fixquotas

Thank you.

8. Nestor Angulo

Nestor Angulo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi guys!

I have upgraded to the 58.0 (build 5) and I have found that I can't modify any account. When I try, using the "modify account" option, later than selecting the acc I want to modify, I get this:

Code:
    A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.
    (XID e8r7rt) Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please check the paths and try again. Paths:  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota/Common.pm line 170.
        Cpanel::Quota::Common::get_limits(Cpanel::Quota::Blocks=HASH(0x6816180)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota.pm line 111
        Cpanel::Quota::displayquota(HASH(0x6961568)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 4164
        main::edituser() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 588

Trying the workaround for the quotas issue that was opened recently:
    Quota Errors on Attempt to Modify Account after 58 Upgrade

I have found that doing a df -h I get this (using root user):

Code:
    S.ficheros     Tamaño Usados  Disp Uso% Montado en
    /dev/root         47G    23G   24G  49% /
    devtmpfs         998M      0  998M   0% /dev
    tmpfs           1000M      0 1000M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           1000M   9,6M  991M   1% /run
    tmpfs           1000M      0 1000M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs            200M      0  200M   0% /run/user/997
    tmpfs            200M      0  200M   0% /run/user/0

And doing a "ll /dev/root" I get this:
    Code:
    [~]# ll /dev/root
    /bin/ls: no se puede acceder a /dev/root: No existe el fichero o el directorio

So I can't try the workaround. I tried also to execute the /scripts/fixquotas, and this is the output:
    Code:
    [/scripts]# ./fixquotas
    fixquotas         fixquotas-onboot 
    root@marte [/scripts]# ./fixquotas-onboot
    edquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    No filesystems with quota detected.
    edquota: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No existe el fichero o el directorio

So, I'm a little bit loose. Could you please help me?
    This is a CENTOS 7.2 x86_64 kvm in a Linode.

#8 Nestor Angulo, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2016
  9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Keep in mind the resolution mentioned in the previous post is included with cPanel version 58.0.6 and newer. That said, could you post the contents of your /etc/fstab file here?

Thank you.

10. Nestor Angulo

Nestor Angulo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure. Actually I have the 0.58 (build 8) installed.

Could you help me?

11. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you verify if the issue persists after running the "/scripts/fixquotas" command with the updated cPanel version (your previous post suggested you ran it on an earlier build)?

Thank you.

12. Nestor Angulo

Nestor Angulo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure. It continues:
    Code:
    # ./fixquotas
    Installing Default Quota Databases......Done
    journaled quota support: kernel supports, user space tools supports (available)
    checking out /backup
    checking out /backup
    Warning : Your system does not have a separate filesystem for backups. This may cause performance degradation during the backup process.
    /dev/sda (already configured quotas = 1).
    Updating Quota Files......
        quotacheck: Cannot stat() mounted device /dev/root: No existe el fichero o el directorio
        quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

....Done
    Quotas have been enabled and updated.
    Reading package Wordpress-Basic1_20h
    Resetting quota for admin20h to 0 M
    Resetting quota for adminsoulpics to 0 M
    Reading package Wordpress-Basic1
    Resetting quota for cve to 0 M
    Resetting quota for golfict to 0 M

#12 Nestor Angulo, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  13. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

14. Nestor Angulo

Nestor Angulo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure thing. It is done already.
    Ticket number: 7611861

Thanks

15. raymond999

raymond999 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHM 58.0 (build 12)

Creating Acc
    Code:
    [2016-08-04 22:50:42 +0800] warn [cpsrvd] The subprocess (whostmgr (whostmgr5)) exited with an error: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 156.

Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::_report_subprocess_errors(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x23700e0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 71
            Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::handler(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x23700e0), "subprocess_name", "whostmgr (whostmgr5)", "subprocess_read_handle", IO::Handle=GLOB(0x28e10a0), "subprocess_write_handle", IO::Handle=GLOB(0x28e0fc8), "api_type", "html", ...) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6369
            cpanel::cpsrvd::cpHandler("app", "whostmgr", "json", 0, "document", "./scripts5/wwwacct") called at cpsrvd.pl line 5580
            cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc_whostmgrd() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1552
            cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc(HASH(0xea4760)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1315
            cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection() called at cpsrvd.pl line 807
            cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 314

Modify Acc
    Code:
    [2016-08-04 22:50:42 +0800] die [Internal Death while parsing [stdin] 8241] (XID qugqpn) Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please check the paths and try again. Paths:  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota/Common.pm line 170.
            Cpanel::Quota::Common::get_limits(Cpanel::Quota::Blocks=HASH(0x6c42d88)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/IdTrack.pm line 138
            Whostmgr::Accounts::IdTrack::uid_has_disk_usage(1021) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/IdTrack.pm line 90
            Whostmgr::Accounts::IdTrack::allocate(1000, HASH(0x6a3cbe8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 758
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("maxpark", 0, "useregns", 0, "max_email_per_hour", "unlimited", "maxsql", "n", "maxftp", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1978
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount("mxcheck", "local", "maxsub", "unlimited", "hasuseregns", 1, "featurelist", "default", "maxlst", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2028
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount("mxcheck", "local", "maxsub", "unlimited", "hasuseregns", 1, "featurelist", "default", "maxlst", ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 690
            main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 229

Cpanel::Exception::Quota::NotEnabled/(XID qugqpn) Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please check the paths and try again. Paths:
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 73.
            Cpanel::Exception::create("Quota::NotEnabled", "Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please c"..., ARRAY(0x6c432c8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota/Common.pm line 170
            Cpanel::Quota::Common::get_limits(Cpanel::Quota::Blocks=HASH(0x6c42d88)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/IdTrack.pm line 138
            Whostmgr::Accounts::IdTrack::uid_has_disk_usage(1021) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/IdTrack.pm line 90
            Whostmgr::Accounts::IdTrack::allocate(1000, HASH(0x6a3cbe8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 758
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("maxpark", 0, "useregns", 0, "max_email_per_hour", "unlimited", "maxsql", "n", "maxftp", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1978
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount("mxcheck", "local", "maxsub", "unlimited", "hasuseregns", 1, "featurelist", "default", "maxlst", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2028
            Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount("mxcheck", "local", "maxsub", "unlimited", "hasuseregns", 1, "featurelist", "default", "maxlst", ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 690
            main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 229

#15 raymond999, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  16. thanatos2k

thanatos2k Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On my Linode, root was /dev/sda, so using

ln -s /dev/sda /dev/root

and

echo 'KERNEL=="sda", SUBSYSTEM=="block", SYMLINK+="root"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/99-root-link.rules

and then running

/scripts/fixquoas

did the trick for me. 58.0.12 version for me.

17. Zurrie

Zurrie Member

just curious, did cPanel team aware of this error? i mean did they do QC first before sending the update WHM 58.0 (build12) to public?

now all my backup files show error warning during restore:

(XID asm8d9) Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please check the paths and try again. Paths:
    [ 7151][RESTORE:1 ][A:abcd ]: at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 73.
    [ 7151][RESTORE:1 ][A:abcd ]: Cpanel::Exception::create("Quota::NotEnabled", "Quotas are not enabled on any of the provided paths. Please c"..., ARRAY(0x843a3d8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Quota/Common.pm line 170
    [ 7151][RESTORE:1 ][A:abcd ]: Cpanel::Quota::Common::get_limits(Cpanel::Quota::Blocks=HASH(0x8430f10)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/IdTrack.pm line 138

relying on this backup files everyday using cPanel pkgacct and restorepkg function... *sigh*

18. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, in this particular support ticket, the issue was addressed with the following commands after verifying the device name was "/dev/sda":

Code:
    ln -s /dev/sda /dev/root
    /scripts/fixquotas
    Thanks.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after updating to cPanel version 58.0.13? It includes an additional resolution related to this issue:

Fixed case CPANEL-7594: Resolve /proc/mounts symlink when fixing missing /dev/root.

Thanks.

Thank you for updating this thread with the resolution on your Linode environment. Note that cPanel version 58.0.13 includes an additional resolution referenced above that should negate the need for a manual workaround.

Could you verify if the issue persists after updating to cPanel version 58.0.13 and running the "/scripts/fixquotas" command?

Thank you.

19. Zurrie

Zurrie Member

Hi Michael,

cPanel version 58.0.13 [current] still in RC. It is safe or not to update?

i never use any new update until "release version", really annoying problem for me because i need to restore some accounts with size almost 30GB...

never have problem before since i use cPanel for almost 5 years *sigh* so you will understand how i feel about this situation.

regards,

Zurrie

20. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This version is currently published to the "Edge" and "Current" build tiers, and is tentatively scheduled for publication to the "Release" build tier tomorrow. You can review the full change log, information on updating cPanel/WHM, and information on the build/release process at:

58 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation
    How can I update cPanel & WHM?
    Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

That said, the manual workaround referenced in this thread should still address your issue. Could you let us know if it's not working?

Thank you.