The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota for Subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cruise, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Cruise

Cruise Registered

A weird question maybe but i really wanna know how you can do the following:

I have a new client, a school, who wants to seperate the account into small accounts (subdomains and ftp users) for 50 students that they have a small webspace
    this is not really a problem, via cpanel they can add a subdomain, and a ftp user for the subdomain per student and they are ready to go..

The problem lies with the fact that the small (student-)accounts need a quota of 5 mb's webspace.
    So .. They want to seperate 250 mb's into 5 mb's accounts.

How can they set the Quota for a directory to be 5 mb max via cpanel or telnet?

Also they want to have a max bandwidth of 500 mb's a user but thats not high priority as noone will use that much (its an internal project that doesnt need to have lots of bandwidth anyways)
    I do wanna know how you can set that quota for a directory aswell if possible.

To clear some things up, i have access to whm and they are just a client with an account set up thrue whm, so they dont have access to whm.

2. idn

idn Well-Known Member

Ok..

Get him to ask you to do it, and then create the accounts with the domain &sub.domain.com& and set the limits..

each account can have cpanel and all then

-sean