The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota Modification and Limit Bandwidth Usage reset after Edit a Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeremia, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jeremia

Jeremia Member

Hello,

I'm at reseller level in WHM.

I notice that if I adjust the space and bandwidth quotas for one account using Quota Modification and Limit Bandwidth Usage these settings will be lost if I change the accounts package quotas using Edit a Package.

The individual account quota tweaks are reset to whatever the new package values are.

Would creating a separate package for each account (and not using Quota Modification and Limit Bandwidth Usage) be the best way to avoid this happening?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have on this.

2. louvalie9

louvalie9 Registered

This issue was talked about back in 2007 and I did not see it discussed again. Anyone seen this issue talked about somewhere else? The description given by your email is exactly the same problem I'm running into. Here is a link to an old post about the same problem.

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/update-quota-package-without-resetting-other-settings-74024.html

Thanks.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

That's what I do, if that's helpful for you to know. If the need arises for a specific user to be edited just abit, but keep to the default plan, I create a new package using almost the same name, just so they stay alphabetical (very important, IMO) on my list and easy to see. For example:

mydefault plan1
    mydefault plan1tweaked
    mydefault plan2
    mydefault plan3

When and if I decided to upgrade a package for all users, those using my tweaked package are left alone.