The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota problem with nobody owned thumbs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorge, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I have a customer who use a software (Comusthumbs) to create some thumbs for his site, the problem is, that this thumbs after being created by the script are owned by nobody:nobody, and therefore, the space used is not counted by Cpanel as the user usage.

I'm not using phpsuexec and is not an option either.

Any idea of what can I do with this?

To give you an idea, the quota shows 163 MB used, but the space used on his account is 4.7 GB.

Regards

2. WebOnce

WebOnce Well-Known Member

I am actually in the middle of working on this as well.

The only solution I have come up with is to find all 'nobody' owned files in their directory, calc the space, and create a dummy file in, say, /home/FixQuotasForReal/<username> that is of the correct size. It would be nice to see a real solution for this from cPanel though (if there already is one, let me know! :D)

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I can chown all the files that he actually have to user:nobody, the problem is that he create new thumbs everyday, the other idea that came to my mind is to create a cron job chowning all the files on the thumbs folder once a day.

4. WebOnce

WebOnce Well-Known Member

This won't work for all packages though. Some use 755 perms, so if you chown to the user, then it will break management, but if it works in your case, more power to ya :)