The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniel, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

RH7.1

Quotas do not seem to update automatically. I have run:

/scripts/initquotas
    /sbin/quotacheck -av
    /scripts/fixquotas

Each time it checks the quotas and reports the correct disk usage for each account. But if you don't run one of the above commands it will not check the quotas again. I normally run /scripts/fixquotas but when someone goes over their limit it doesn't stop them they can use all the space they want. Even if WHM says they are over their limit.

I did a search but didn't see anything like this so...

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Very true, esp. on RH 7.1 + boxes .... (probably unrelated)....

It seems that quota settings can fade away into the sunset at times- as in, they just vanish and cpanel assumes everybody is unlimited or everybody is at 0 and funky things happen. I don't know shite about how the quota system actually works other than it's nearly time to schedule /scripts/fixquotas on all the machines to make the numbers stick.

Me = curious as well.

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:eca08a966d][i:eca08a966d]Originally posted by Daniel[/i:eca08a966d]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

/scripts/initquotas
    /sbin/quotacheck -av
    /scripts/fixquotas

Each time it checks the quotas and reports the correct disk usage for each account. But if you don't run one of the above commands it will not check the quotas again. I normally run /scripts/fixquotas but when someone goes over their limit it doesn't stop them they can use all the space they want. Even if WHM says they are over their limit.

I did a search but didn't see anything like this so...[/quote:eca08a966d]

Upgrade your kernel .. on a side not its best not to post that you are running a kernel with a root exploit..

4. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

[quote:78beb1b378][i:78beb1b378]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:78beb1b378]

[quote:78beb1b378][i:78beb1b378]Originally posted by Daniel[/i:78beb1b378]

RH7.1

/scripts/initquotas
    /sbin/quotacheck -av
    /scripts/fixquotas

I did a search but didn't see anything like this so...[/quote:78beb1b378]

Upgrade your kernel .. on a side not its best not to post that you are running a kernel with a root exploit..[/quote:78beb1b378]

Noted and removed from my post :)

Nick you think you could talk burst into installing a newer kernel to start with? This server is not a month old and that's the kernel that was installed.