Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quota/Usage not udpating

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by blue-earth, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. blue-earth

blue-earth Member

I am sure this issue has been covered, though I can't find it.

So the issue is a simple one.

Lets say a user has 10 gigs of mail [ yea mad ] and they delete/archive 5 gigs of mail off the server, using either webmail or their mail client.

Back in cPanel under their Email account / Usage/Quota will still show 10 gigs, even a few days later. They then come back to me, saying that they have done as requested but that the Usage/Quota is wrong, and so they then ignore message about quota levels, as they believe them to be incorrect, which they are.

I have seen some people talk about running a fix mail quota script, though this appears to not always work, and also lock people out of their mail. Is there a per account script, or is this a known bug? Or is there some other fix?
    best
    Nick

2. Nicholas-MAH

Nicholas-MAH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi Nick,

Have you checked to make sure that you have not accidentally enabled over usages? I have seen that done many times before. Have you also checked the client's actual email data files on their cPanel and at the root level?

Best Regards,
    Nick.

3. blue-earth

blue-earth Member

Hi Nick, no, over usages not on, and the amount is correct when viewing through WHM, only incorrect when viewing through cPanel. Also issue is on more than one account. See screen shot of whm usage, and cPanel usage.

Attached Files:

• 001.png
      001.png
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.png
      002.png
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  4. webhostuk

webhostuk Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    You mean to say correct quota is seen in WHM and not at Cpanel end? I would suggest to try UKCP , most of the times such bugs are solved by UPCP.

5. Nicholas-MAH

Nicholas-MAH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In image 001.png you have the infinity symbol, this means and signifies that the account has an UNLIMITED data limit. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks as though you have not enabled quota limits. Check out my image attached.

Attached Files:

6. blue-earth

blue-earth Member

Hi Nick, no the infinity symbol is on the cPanel end, I.E the user has unlimited use of his given quota, not the WHM end.

7. Nicholas-MAH

Nicholas-MAH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sorry, Nick. My bad was not looking at the images properly.

Found this on the internet. (Dr Google)

If you have a user that is getting over disk quota error message, but they claim to not have that much in use, they may have their disk quota being reporting incorrectly.

The first thing you should do however, is check to see if this is indeed the case. If you run the following command, you can get a listing of every file on the server that is owned by their username.

find / -user 'username' | du -sh

Once it displays the output, you can go through it to see if they have files located somewhere other then their home directory that is using up their space. If you have determined that everything is accounted for, but does not add up to the space reported in cPanel, then you can run the following commands to correct their quotas.

/scripts/generate_maildirsize --verbose --allaccounts --force --confirm
    /scripts/fixquotas
    find /home/username/mail/ -name maildirsize | xargs rm -f

Once these 3 commands have been run, their cPanel should report the proper quotas again.

Credit: serversitters.com

#7 Nicholas-MAH, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator