Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

quota_directory

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by BlackTux, Jul 31, 2007.

1. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

I am a cpanel newbie and upgraded from 10 to 11 following the steps in the other thread. After I did that I get an error on Exim and it fails to start. The error states that
    Code:
    Exim configuration error for virtual_userdelivery_spam transport:
      quota_directory must not be set without "directory"

. I didn't add anything to the config file nor do I have any spam settings set. I have reset the Config files and ACLs. I checked the config file and on the quota_directory line it says
    Code:
    "${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/mail/${domain}/${local_part}"
    has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks in advanced
    Blacktux

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 mtindor, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  3. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

Yep been there done that and still no luck. I am thinking word wrap in the config file might have something to do with it. I am running Exim v. 4.63 very bare. I even put the error in google and it only came up with 4 or 5 results. none of which had a solution.

4. mtindor

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, even completely restoring exim.conf via WHM/Exim Configuration editor didn't help? I mean a restore of the default config and then _no_ changing of any options in the Exim Configurator (advanced or not) and it still doesn't work right?

If you got your license through Cpanel direct, open a ticket with them and I"m sure they will check it out pretty quickly.

Mike

5. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

The config file was clean from the begining (I didn't add or remove anything before I had this problem). I upgraded from mbox to maildir to move to cpanel 11, but I let it run through and it was 100% sucessful. The problem is I got my licence through my hosting company who got it through CPanel. So I guess I will have to ask my hosting company. I evern tried downgrading back to cpanel 10.8 thinking that would help but no such luck.

6. mtindor

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I wonder if a /scripts/eximup --force would do it? or maybe a combination of that and some other forcing of re-install of various things that would have to do with maildir like courier.

Mike

7. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

Well I am re-running the /scripts/convert2maildir and I got two more options # 3 and # 4.
    3 is to convert patially converted accounts and 4 is to finish failed converted accounts. I chose 3 and waiting to see how this goes.

8. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

OK I fixed it. I had to revert my maildir back to mbox. Not sure what the hangup was but if I use mbox I am able to use Exim.

9. mtindor

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ahh, that's not good though. You really need to ditch mbox now, rather than later. The more accounts you get, the more likely things won't go 100% as planned. Everything about mail runs better on a maildir system. I'm sure you already knew that though. Hopefully things will go better when you switch back to maildir next time.

Mike

10. BlackTux

BlackTux Member

Well this is a new install of cpanel OS and all I am the only account so right now it is just in the testing phase. I think I will wait to read more about the quota directory thing either on exim's site or here.

Thank you for all your help

Blacktux

Final Note:

I was able to make this installation work with maildir.
    I ran mv /etc/exim.conf exim.conf.old
    Then re-installed the release version of software in cpanel. This is using cpanel 11 on Fedora 5.
    My conclution is that the convert script did not do a good job in converting the exim.conf file to work with maildir.

Again that you all for helping and I hope this helps others.

BlackTux

#10 BlackTux, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007