The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quotas with cpanel/shell accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ike, Apr 15, 2007.

1. ike

ike Well-Known Member

hi Fellas and Fellettes,

Ive searched everywhere for an answer to this and cant find one. There might not be an answer at all. I run fc5 with whm/cpanel/fantastico and use that for webhosting some of my own domains etc. but i do give out shell accounts to my friends. just shell accounts, no web access so i just add them in from ssh. All my quotas work fine from within cpanel for all my domains that have been added etc. but my shell accounts have no quotas on them and i would like to set 50MB quotas for them without interfering with cpanel`s quota system. . does anyone know a solution to this at all?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can use the standard quota system. On Linux, have a look at:

man edquota

3. ike

ike Well-Known Member

cheers, thanks for that chirpy. from my reading i was scared i would upset cpanels quota system.

as an example. what command would you use to set shell user cowboy a 50MB quota? i dont want to stuff anything up

4. ike

ike Well-Known Member

excellent. thanks for putting me on the right path. i found a really well explain tutorial on it and its set up fine. thanks for your time dude