The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1soft hosting provider info

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by agentblack, Jun 1, 2010.

1. agentblack

agentblack Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a good backup solution for some time now, and the only thing I keep falling back to is R1soft, however I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the sky high rates for the service, as well as not very clear terms for hosting providers.

As I am a very dollars and sense kinda person, it bothers me a company doesn't come forthright and display their prices on their website.

Does anyone know what the set up fee as well as monthly/yearly costs are for R1soft? R1Soft - R1HPP - Join the R1Soft Hosting Partner Program Today and Make Money :: R1Soft <<does not provide any $$ details and I don't want to sign up for a surprise!

Anyone know of a better/different solution other than r1soft?

Thanks!
    AB

2. david-r1soft

david-r1soft Member

Re:

Hello AgentBlack

I understand. I feel the same way when vendors don't publish their prices.

Please understand we sell to both Hosting Service providers and enterprises. Our retail pricing for enterprises is posted here:
    R1Soft Product Pricing of High Performance Windows Server Backup and Disaster Recovery Software – Continuous Data Protection Editions :: R1Soft

We do not post our pricing for resellers. If you are interested in reselling please contact our sales department.

Contact R1Soft Today - Talk to an R1Soft Rep Today for a Quote on CDP and Save Money :: R1Soft

3. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And just a word of advice, it really is best to email a company to inquire about pricing than post a thread on an unrelated forum.

Glad David caught your post though and was able to respond with useful information.

As hinted, if they posted their reseller price structure it would impact their resellers which is a bad way to operate while offering a reseller option.

4. agentblack

I refrained from emailing the company on the hosting partner page because it mentioned a set up fee, and I am not willing to submit my info when there is a hint of a possible charge.

I hardly see how this is an unrelated forum? I am looking to provide a more automated method of backup's than what i currently do. I am glad David replied, and hope to have an open dialog from this point forward.

There are several other companies that post their reseller pricing upfront and I fail to see how that negatively affects the way they operate. Can you elaborate?

5. DomineauX

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To post reseller pricing while also competing with the resellers is commonly considered bad form and upsets the resellers easily. Often times hosts will even experience complaints from resellers for the same if they are also selling shared hosting packages.

6. agentblack

had a pleasant chat with one of the girls from R1soft. I got my answers, and it's definitely out of my price range:mad:, but she offered a few different solutions.:D

7. DomineauX

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Glad to hear you got some solutions even if the price wasn't right.