The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1soft - large number of servers...

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by 4u123, May 6, 2009.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi, is anyone here using the R1soft product to backup a large number of cpanel servers? If so, what hardware are you using and how many servers per R1soft backup server?

I'd like to set up a device to backup 16 servers at once - do you think this is possible? Is it only limited to the amount of storage or will it take too long to complete with that many? Is there a maxiumum number of servers per backup device?

So many questions lol - I'd like to hear from other users rather than from R1soft themselves, so I can see practically if people have had real success with this product. I'm especially interested in the kit you chose to perform this task.

2. zigzam

zigzam Well-Known Member

I use Raid 10 on a Quad core to backup 20-25 servers daily. It really depends on your backup interval.

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Are you using any kind of retention schedule? Or do you simply overwrite every day like the cpanel daily backup?

Are you running the OS from the same partition you are using for the backups?

4. veena

veena Registered

We use Raid6/Raid10, quad core, 4G ram and it works well. 16 servers sound good, we use retention, couple of dailies, a monthly etc, depending on the requirement. We use a separate partition for the backup data, but don't really think it matters. Recommend r1soft!

5. nibb

nibb Well-Known Member

From R1Soft they dont suggest more then 25 servers per backup server

If using daily backups i dont think it will be a problem. I dont think you will be able to backup the 16 at the same time.

6. zigzam

zigzam Well-Known Member

I keep a weeks worth of restore points. I run the each server backup at different times. They only take 15-20 mins each.