The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAK (account creation) WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoodbran, Sep 15, 2008.

1. hoodbran

hoodbran Registered

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey all...

I have a question or two for you good folk here; I have just got me a dedicated server with cpanel/whm installed i got a free domain too ((bear in mind here i am used to plesk)) - so my guys pointed the domain to my IP's which are now and - and as root i went thru some setup options relevant to this operation, like create a package and setup a hosting account for the files (website) at [***This is my first sub issue***]

I logged into my new hosting account and uploaded my files and my website works fine, so now this site will be my 'front' and will sell my space for me, so I created a reseller account from root for the hosting account above and generated a remote access key from the reseller account that I use on my hosting account. I plug the RAK into my whm config file in phpCOIN and indeed it and whm talk, except phpCoin (or WHM) won't create an account in cPanel; be sure all of my settings in coin are perfect; I have been thru them days and days; I dream code and configurations now! LOL

I am wondering if I should have setup the server this way firstly and secondly if there is anything in cPanel/WHM I must set? I've given the reseller account priviledges, allowed account creation etc..

I have 2 IP's.
    The main server IP is the first of these
    The nameserver IPs are the both of these

What am I doing wrong?

*** I have not setup nameservers for the reseller account ***
    The nameservers on the edit reseller page are that of my domain name - do i have to add say 'A' records?
    #1 hoodbran, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008