The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ran up2date exim4 - horrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EpicServers, Dec 20, 2003.

1. EpicServers

EpicServers Member

I was having some issues with my SMTP and was basically trying to figure out what the issue was. I installed apf, mailscanner, clamav, (basically everything on the secure your server list posted here).

I then, not thinking, ran up2date exim4. This was REALLY bad. It ended up going through and giving me tons of errors all over the place.

Now, When I log into WHM I get:

I had upgraded my version of apache to the secure, newest. I had also been running exim with mail scanner and clamav just fine.

What should I do? I tried to do a reinstall of the exim, but I'm not sure If I was doing it correctly. I did backup everything, as stated in that "Secure your Server" Thread.

Please help.

PS- the up2date feature does NOT work anymore.

2. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel does not use Redhat's Exim (if there is such a thing). You should not use up2date to update cPanel software.

Try running /scripts/exim4

3. EpicServers

EpicServers Member

I typed that in the first place, and thats why my stuff is now failing. I use RH9.

Heres what happened when I typed that command:

4. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are confusing the files in the /scripts directory with Redhats up2date function -- the two are not related. If you ran /scripts/exim4 and it's broken you need to submit a ticket to cPanel support.