The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random error when creating a subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkxPunk, Nov 26, 2014.

1. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey there,

Let me preface that I ain't so savvy with reading/accessing logs and dealing with that ssh stuff. I can do it, and I am comfortable accessing stuff, just not accustomed.

So I have had a couple times where my server just goes offline for no reason, I usually find out after a while that it was caused by a failed update. With that I recently made sure it was set to release over current, however I started doing some work since the last update and have been attempting to create a subdomain for one of my domains. Every time I attempt this I get an error: The system experienced a problem during the creation of the “beta” subdomain.

Now that you have all then angles, any direction to solve this is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey,

I assume this is what you need:
    Code:
    [2014-11-27 04:11:26 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:11:26 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:11:29 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:12:06 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:12:06 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:12:07 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:15:12 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:15:12 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:15:13 -0500] info [cpses_tool] MYSQL: Remove dbuser cpses_fuuZgc0qEb for owner futurian on 192.157.49.131
    [2014-11-27 04:15:13 -0500] info [cpanel] Quotas are not enabled
    [2014-11-27 04:15:37 -0500] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported the “EPERM” (1) error when it ended.: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[domain] function=[ADD]: set error in context subdomain: raw_response=[{"statusmsg":"The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported the “EPERM” (1) error when it ended.","mode":"simple","status":1,"version":"2.3","data":"Render Failed","exit_code":256,"timeout":0,"error":1,"action":"run"}] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 117
    	Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request('namespace', 'Cpanel', 'module', 'domain', 'function', 'ADD', 'data', 'beta ftg-trading.ca 1 /home/futurian/beta.ftg-trading.ca', 'action', 'run', 'env', HASH(0x646dd38)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 105
    	Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun('domain', 'ADD', 'beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, '/home/futurian/beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 314
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::_addsubdomain('beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, 0, 'beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 183
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::addsubdomain('beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, 0, 'beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at cpanel.pl line 3193
    	main::dosubdomain('addsubdomain', ARRAY(0x635d2b0)) called at cpanel.pl line 1977
    	eval {...} called at cpanel.pl line 1977
    	main::_api1(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x635d2b0), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, undef, undef) called at cpanel.pl line 1655
    	main::real_exectag('<cpanel SubDomain="addsubdomain($RAW_FORM{\'domain\'},$RAW_FORM{\'rootdomain\'},1,0,$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'})">') called at cpanel.pl line 4269
    	main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel.pl line 4089
    	main::cpanel_parseblock(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpanel.pl line 4003
    	main::y(GLOB(0x5beb940)) called at cpanel.pl line 5355
    	main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 827
    [2014-11-27 04:15:37 -0500] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request error: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[domain] function=[ADD]: set error in context subdomain: statusmsg=[The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported the “EPERM” (1) error when it ended.] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 127
    	Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request('namespace', 'Cpanel', 'module', 'domain', 'function', 'ADD', 'data', 'beta ftg-trading.ca 1 /home/futurian/beta.ftg-trading.ca', 'action', 'run', 'env', HASH(0x646dd38)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 105
    	Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun('domain', 'ADD', 'beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, '/home/futurian/beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 314
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::_addsubdomain('beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, 0, 'beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 183
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::addsubdomain('beta', 'ftg-trading.ca', 1, 0, 'beta.ftg-trading.ca') called at cpanel.pl line 3193
    	main::dosubdomain('addsubdomain', ARRAY(0x635d2b0)) called at cpanel.pl line 1977
    	eval {...} called at cpanel.pl line 1977
    	main::_api1(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x635d2b0), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, undef, undef) called at cpanel.pl line 1655
    	main::real_exectag('<cpanel SubDomain="addsubdomain($RAW_FORM{\'domain\'},$RAW_FORM{\'rootdomain\'},1,0,$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'})">') called at cpanel.pl line 4269
    	main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel.pl line 4089
    	main::cpanel_parseblock(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpanel.pl line 4003
    	main::y(GLOB(0x5beb940)) called at cpanel.pl line 5355
    	main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 827
    [2014-11-27 04:15:37 -0500] warn [SubDomain::addsubdomain] Encountered error in SubDomain::addsubdomain: Render Failed
    Thanks for the help.

4. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As per the logs I can see that quota is not enable for the server. It could be the reason of that but I am not sure about it. I will suggest you to try enabling quota on server and try creating it.

5. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I do not need any quotas and have never needed them in the past. This domain I want to remain unlimited.

Any other ideas are welcome.

6. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Trying to resolve this, have not heard back...

Hope to hear something soon.

Thanks.

7. Rehmat

Rehmat Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey,
    I guess you're on a VPS or a dedicated server. If yes, then in WHM, go to "Tweak Settings" option under server configuration and then on tweak settings' page, search for subdomain. You will find an option saying "Allow users to park subdomains of the server’s hostname". Turn it on and save configuration. It helped me and I hope it will do help for yours too.

8. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yep i agree with rehmat

9. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have found this potential solution before. I made the change and it did not resolve the issue. I disabled it again afterwards.

Please let me clarify that I have been with this vps for quite some time. Never had an issue adding sub domains to normal domains, or addon domains. This issue randomly sprang up one day.

Thanks for any help!

10. Rehmat

Rehmat Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Have you checked proxy domains option in WHM? You will find it under the same section "Tweak Settings". If it is turn on, then enable DNS override for that section (proxy domains). I can't guarantee that it will work, but you can try it.

P.S: Moreover, if your VPS is a managed one, then why don't you ask for help from your host's support?

11. DarkxPunk

DarkxPunk Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes I have enabled proxies it's been enabled since forever. Also my vps providers are a bit lazy to assist with Cpanel issues...

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help guys.

12. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

13. cPPhilS

cPPhilS Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

A ticket was opened and the issue was resolved. The problem in this case was that the directory /var/cpanel/templates was missing. A file was at /var/cpanel/templates that was preventing the directory (and it's contents) from being replaced or updated by the cPanel update (upcp).

The solution was to move that file out of the way and force an upcp to replace it;

# mv /var/cpanel/templates{,.bak}
    # /scripts/upcp --force