The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random JS Toolkit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keddie, Sep 15, 2008.

1. keddie

keddie Well-Known Member

I use CSF / LFD to secure my CPanel based servers. This morning LFD sent me this notification:

Now, this security alert came just 5 minutes after the upcp chron job had run so I'm hoping this is just a false positive brought about by the cpanel update task changing the above files.

Hoping isn't really good enough though for me and my clients, could someone from the CPanel team please confirm that the listed files in /bin and /sbin were in fact modified by the CPanel update service?

Thanks,

Al

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should follow the checks on the linked page. However, if you're running CentOSv4 then your OS most likely just upgraded from v4.6 to v4.7 which was released just recently ;)

3. ralphday

ralphday Member

Anybody know where the page with the info on how to test for this is? The link sends me to the cPanel blog page which says go to http://www.cpanel.net/security/notes/random_js_toolkit.html for more info. Unfortunately, that link just sends you back to the blog page with no info on testing. I just did an update and I'm sure its a false positive but I'd like to double check.